CANADIAN COUNCIL OF BUSINESS LEADERS AGAINST ANTI-BLACK SYSTEMIC RACISM
Last Updated: December 11, 2020
- What personal information is collected via the Services, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your personal information.
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your personal information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
1. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. The information we may collect or obtain (depending on the circumstances) includes but may not be limited to:
2. Information Collection and Use
We are the sole owners of the information collected on our Website or via our Services. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via the Services, email or from other direct contact with you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us, including your name, email address, signature, occupation, address, gender, age, credit card information, information concerning your purchase of CCBLAR merchandise and amount of donation.
- General usage data: When you use our Website, we may also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, information about the date and time of your access as well as how long you use our Website in each session, features you use in our Website, and how long you use our Website overall.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer, and store any data about individuals in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine personal information with other information collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. By using the Website and/or the Services, you agree that we are hereby licensed to collect, use, share, and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the Website or your use of the Services for benchmarking, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning, and other business purposes.
We may also use your personal information in other ways with consent or as permitted by applicable law.
3. When Do We Share Your Personal Information
There are some circumstances where we may share your personal information with a third party. For example:
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of CCBLAR, its affiliates, its customers, service providers, or the public.
- We may share personal information with our affiliates or any business partners or agents acting on our behalf or with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us.
- We may share, disclose or transfer personal information to a new affiliate or other successor in the event CCBLAR or any affiliate, portion, group or business unit thereof, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, liquidation or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or other transfer of all or a portion of any assets of CCBLAR or any affiliates or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., negotiations and due diligence).
- Subject to applicable regulations, we may disclose your personal information to a government agency, court, or law enforcement personnel.
4. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our Website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Request that we delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you refuse to provide us with the information we require or later contact us to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Services.
We take precautions to protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not warrant or represent that personal information about you will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
7. Personal Information used by Third Party Websites
From time to time, we may include links to third party websites which are not controlled or maintained by us. We are not responsible for personal information submitted by you to third party websites or the personal information collected by third party websites. You should review the privacy policies of third party websites or contact the third party website’s operator if you have questions or concerns.
We use HubSpot’s HubBot on the Website, which is a chatbot that allows Website users to message our team with queries and comments. If you consent to and use this feature, then the content of chat messages sent and received, including your email address if provided via the chat features, is transferred the HubSpot servers.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Anyone under 13 should not use the Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete such personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years old, please contact us as set forth below.
9. Contact Us
Please send us feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at PO BOX 361 STN 1ST TORONTO, ONTARIO M5X 1E2; Attention: Canadian Council of Business Leaders Against Anti-Black Systemic Racism . By providing us with your e-mail address, you agree to receive all required notices electronically to that e-mail address or by mobile notifications. It is your responsibility to update or change that address, as appropriate.